Climate change is the defining issue of our time… Let there be no doubt about the urgency of the crisis we need to act sooner than later.
Agriculture and food security are a peer-reviewed open access journal that addresses the challenge of global food security. It publishes articles within the field of food security research, with a focus on research that may inform more sustainable agriculture and food systems that better address local, regional, national, and/or global food and nutritional insecurity. The journal considers cutting-edge contributions across the breadth of relevant academic disciplines, including agricultural, ecological, environmental, nutritional, and socio-economic sciences, public health, and policy.
Dimecev Foundation will be making a difference
- Agricultural and environmental sciences, including genetics and systems ecology
- Animal husbandry, fisheries science, and plant science
- Global change, biodiversity, climatology, and abiotic stresses
- Food technology and balancing agricultural outputs across food, feed, fibre and fuel
- Economics, information sciences and decision theory
- Strategies for the implementation of new policies and practices
- Public health in relation to the condition of food and nutritional security
Sustainability from trees
Indigenous tree and shrub species are critical feed resources for the pastoralist and agro-pastoralist areas in Ethiopia. Nutritional and mineral composition of seven high priority leguminous indigenous tree species, (Acacia nilotica, Acacia tortilis and Tamarindus indica) and non-leguminous species (Berchemia discolour, Cordia sinensis, Dobera glabra and Ziziphus spina-christi) were characterised to inform decisions on the species utilisation and domestication.